stories of an adoptive family
"When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen. When they're finished, I climb out." -Erma Bombeck

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The bee-baa woop is combing!

About a week ago, Isabelle came running in to tell me bee-baa woop combing. Of course because her speech is difficult to understand, it took me a while to figure out what she was talking about. Finally I figured out she was saying that the Big Bad Wolf was gonna get her. Since then I have had to hear about the big bad Wolf several times as she super glues herself to my side and won't leave. While I don't mind having her around it gets hard to have the same unintelligible conversation over and over about the big bad wolf.

Today I finally figured out why the conversation keeps happening. It has been very windy here lately and I guess in here mind that means the wolf is trying to blow the house down. I had just gotten out of the shower and wanted to dry my hair and avoid the repetitious conversation so I told her that she was safe because wolves weren't allowed in the house. That sparked a conversation about what was allowed in the house, (I think). For your info, dogs=yes, kids=yes, pigs=no, wolves=no, Dora=yes, Boots=yes, Neeky Box (Swiper)=no. Finally, I desperately told her that even if the wolf got in the house the dog Spack would save her thinking it would end the conversation. (Poor stupid sad naive me). The conversation then became a shout out to all the people in her life that she loves and adores who would "see me" (save her) from the big bad wolf; Mommy, Daddy, Nana, Papa, Grandma, Rhyan, Katie, Levi, Stacey, Darla, Paula, Hondo, Marena and the dogs Emma, Spack & Gidget. (Noticeably missing is her baby sister who she feels is always mean to her. Of course Kenna is really mean to her. I have never seen a child so young get so much enjoyment out of the torture of a sibling). As I type this Isabelle is hiding under the desk. I hate the wind.

2 comments:

Garrett B said...

Maybe Isabelle was born to obsess. When she gets easier to understand, she'll just obsess more coherently.

Lisa Sanderson said...

Some days my children's lack of interest in verbal skills is a blessing. Please tell your darling daughter that her cousin Lisa would also save her from a wolf. (I'd like to know how many questions/comments arise from this please).