stories of an adoptive family
"When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen. When they're finished, I climb out." -Erma Bombeck

Monday, March 22, 2010

Happy Birthday Katie Jayne!

Katie's 5th birthday was yesterday. She had a great one. She got a lemonade stand from mom & dad, curtains from Nana & Papa, $10 from Grandma Jean and a zsu zsu pet with a carrier from Grandma Kay. I have a friend who does a birthday interview for each of her children and so I stole her idea! Thanks Sherrie!

If Katie had 3 wishes she would wish for:
1) A real lemonade stand
2) A real Elmo to play with
3) So, so much money

Katie's Birthday interview


My favorite color ... Pink and blue and yellow
I feel happy when ... I am at school
I like to eat ... Big Fat Noodles (homemade chicken noodle soup)
My Favorite Movie ... Peter Pan (animated & non-animated versions)
I feel sad when ... kids are mean
I like to play with ... my zsu zsu pet
My favorite song ... No! by They Might Be Giants
My dad is ... funny
My mom is ... hugable
My favorite holiday ... Christmas
I love to ... play with my friends
My favorite food is ... Ramen and Big Fat Noodles
My favorite thing to do as a family ... play together
My favorite toy is ... pink & green & purple teddy bear
It makes me happy when ... do stuff I'm asked to
My favorite thing to do in my free time ... run around and play a lot
My favorite number ... 10
I feel frustrated when ... I don't get to do what I want
I really like it when ... I share
My favorite subject in school ... Art
My favorite game ... My Little Pony (its like Candyland but with ponies)
What I like about me ... when I share a lot and I be nice to each other
What do you want to do when you grow up...what I want to
What is the best thing about your birthday ... I get to have the first bite of cake & the first cupcake (at school)
Who is your hero, the person you look up to, or want to be like when you grow up ... Miss Carrie & Miss Sue & Ms. Dague (her teachers)

So a very happy birthday to our giggly, bubbly little love bug!


3 comments:

Meka said...

She is so pretty, I don't think I've ever met her! We really need to get together when I come back and when Parker gets old enough to leave the house! I am hoping we will be home around the first of the month!

Lisa Sanderson said...

Happy Birthday to my little cousin who doesn't know who I am, but I think she's beautiful! May you have your real lemonade stand. Every child should experience that at least once.

bjohnston said...

I really like that when she grows up she'll do what she wants to. That IS the best part.