stories of an adoptive family
"When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen. When they're finished, I climb out." -Erma Bombeck

Monday, February 23, 2009

What Do You Think About In Your Tiny Little Pea Brain!?

Friday afternoon, Katie demanded I take her to Wendy's to get "Chocolahtte" or a chocolate frosty. I had 20 minutes until I had to leave for the afternoon school run and I told her no. However, I told her she was welcome to drive herself to Wendy's and get her own Frosty. "Okay Momma," she told me with a smile and I suggested she get some chicken nuggets for me while she was there. I fully expected her to come back in a few minutes with pretend nuggets and frosties, but to my surprise I heard the front door being unlocked and her little voice saying "Mom, I can't reach the keys. Can you get them for me?"

2 comments:

susan said...

Hahahaha, I love the mental image here! It's cute until she's 15 and you're in the passenger seat praying for survival, which is what's going on here in Idaho with Katie. Good times.

bjohnston said...

I'm glad she didn't decide to bike or walk there--that's funny stuff.