stories of an adoptive family
"When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen. When they're finished, I climb out." -Erma Bombeck

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Happy Adoption Day Seth!


Today was family court day and now when my kids call Seth their brother, legally its true. The eternal part will be done on Saturday. That is what my older kids have been looking forward to for the past 13 months. Incidentally, we had the same judge as last time (with Kenna).


We celebrated Seth's Happy Adoption Day by enjoying a buffet...



And topped it off with bowling. Unfortunately, the guest of honor slept through the first game, and when he woke up in the second game he had to stay in the stroller. Dirty bowling floors + crawling boy = GROSS! (He can walk, he just won't. He only likes to do it with a cheering audience).


On another note, I finished the blanket I was making for Seth for Christmas. It turned out so cute that I had to post it. With leftover fabric I made him a neck pillow for the car. Sewing minky and satin is NOT FUN!

2 comments:

Winter Redd said...

Congratulations! So exciting and wonderful!

Lisa Sanderson said...

CONGRATS Y'ALL! From Texas. Looks like so much fun, and what a wonderful day to celebrate. I love the blanket. It was definitely post worthy! I'm so happy that Seth is now officially and 100% a part of your family.