stories of an adoptive family
"When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen. When they're finished, I climb out." -Erma Bombeck

Monday, August 30, 2010

The bliss of (mostly) silence



Today was the first day of school for my kids. Brand new schools for everyone. Levi started (sniff) Middle School, while Rhyan moved to 4th grade and Katie started kindergarten. While kindergarten was very old hat to Katie (who went from full day preschool to half day kindergarten) but it had a few bumps for the others. Levi couldn't figure out how to use his student number to buy lunch and so skipped that meal while Rhyan discovered she had 5 minutes (her words) to eat her lunch and so basically skipped lunch too. On a plus note, Levi aced the lockers and didn't get lost once on his way to class.

The best part of today...my house stayed clean for almost 3 hours. I know, its shocking.







3 comments:

Lisa Sanderson said...

Wow, that's incredible. I don't think mine has made it passed ten minutes since Liam started walking. I always loved school as a child/teenager, I hope your kids love it too!

Garrett B said...

I would also rather starve than ask for help (especially when the alternative is asking and then ending up with gross food anyway). Rock on, Levi.

Jamie Burnett said...

3 hours is pretty good. I can't remember 3 hours of clean when I had many children at home.