stories of an adoptive family
"When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen. When they're finished, I climb out." -Erma Bombeck

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Happy Birthday Rhyan!

If Rhyan had 3 wishes she would wish for:
1) The opportunity to meet Hannah Montana
2) An older sister
3) A baby brother








Rhyan's Birthday interview :
My favorite color ... green and pink and blue
I feel happy when ... I’m with my family
I like to eat ... Tortellini Alfredo
My Favorite Movie ... Marmaduke
I feel sad when ... my family members get hurt
I like to play with ... my brother
My favorite song ... Rock Star by Hannah Montanna
My dad is ... amazing
My mom is ... fantastic


My favorite holiday ... Christmas
I love to ... go to school
My favorite food is ... baked potatoes
My favorite thing to do as a family ... jump on the trampoline
My favorite toy is ... Littlest Pet Shop


It makes me happy when ... when I get to play with my friends
My favorite thing to do in my free time ... play in the toy room
My favorite number ... 8
I feel frustrated when ... I can’t learn a new trick in gymnastics
I really like it when ... I get to ride my bike outside
My favorite subject in school ... reading
My favorite game ... hide and seek
What I like about me ... is I’m talented
What do you want to do when you grow up... a teacher
What is the best thing about your birthday ... getting presents
Who is your hero, the person you look up to, or want to be like when you grow up ... my mom.








Happy Birthday sweetheart! I am so grateful to such a kind and thoughtful child. She genuinely loves those around her. Her teachers in school constantly compliment her on befriending those around her. One of her best friends in school was an autistic boy. He had never had friends in school before. When I told her how proud I was that she was his friend, she gave me a “duh” and said that she liked him, that he was funny, not realizing that most kids wouldn’t bother to get to know him. Her sisters adore her. Kenna screams Rhyan whenever she sees her. Sometimes in the morning I hear Isabelle go in her room and ask her to make her cereal. Steve and I adore her too. She is a blessing and a gift to our family.

2 comments:

Lisa Sanderson said...

Happy Birthday Rhyan! I can't believe how much you've grown. You are a remarkable beautiful young lady. It's wonderful that you've befriended an autistic boy in your class. Your distant cousin Liam is autistic and we know how much that must mean to both that boy and his family. May you meet Hannah Montanna this year!

Jamie Burnett said...

How did Rhyan ever get so old, isn't she still a little girl?