stories of an adoptive family
"When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen. When they're finished, I climb out." -Erma Bombeck

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Kenna's First-ish Word



Kenna has been babbling a lot lately. She says "Da Da" but I consider that more of a phonic sound than an actual word. The other day though, she was sitting on my lap while I tried to finish a project on the computer. She kept trying to play with the keyboard and I kept pulling her hand away, telling her "Don't." After a few moments I realized that Kenna was saying "don't" back to me and as I listened, I realized she has been saying that word for quite a while and I just hadn't understood what she was saying. Unfortunately, this is probably the word she hears the most. So meanwhile, she is having a ball telling everyone "don't," smiling her toothy grin while we all laugh hysterically.

3 comments:

Lisa Sanderson said...

Congratulations to Kenna on her first word its a big day. Congratulations to Janell for the first understanding of the first word!

Heidi said...

How fun. I can't believe how big she is getting! What a cutie!

luster said...

Tell her stop, she is your baby and she can't be that big.