stories of an adoptive family
"When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen. When they're finished, I climb out." -Erma Bombeck

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Further studies prove

As further evidence in my study on the correlation between simians and boys, I give this example.  This weekend at the Father's Day dinner with my parents and my brothers and their families, my father asked my brother Joseph if he wanted water or punch.  Joseph said "punch" and so my other brother James leaned over and punched him.

4 comments:

Sarah F said...

What else could Joe have meant? Of course he wanted to get punched.

Maybe I'm just proving your point...

MBK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MBK said...

But, Janell, there was never a more loyal monkey, I mean brother, than James as he cared for Joseph when they were little. Truly, he protected him with a tender fierceness which, I believe, gives him the right to abuse him in any way he wants to now. It is just how primates work. There is something eternal in the whole thing.

bjohnston said...

Dang--I was hoping they eventually grow out of this behavior.