stories of an adoptive family
"When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen. When they're finished, I climb out." -Erma Bombeck

Sunday, April 19, 2009

What Do You Think About in Your Tiny Little Pea Brain, Pt 2

The other day Levi told me that he needed new shoes. He's very hard on shoes and they usually wear out before he grows out. He informed me that "The shoes are fine but the laces are too short to tie." I must have given him the 'are you nuts' look and he said "What?!" I informed him you don't have to throw out shoes, they do sell laces. "Really? Okay I need new laces," he replied

Later I went downstairs and discovered he had cut his laces off. When I asked him what the heck he was doing, he informed me that one side was longer than the other and so he cut them off so they would be even.

This pea brain moment is brought to you by Levi!

6 comments:

susan said...

I would laugh, but that's pretty much the same kind of problem solving ability I have.

bjohnston said...

It does make it hard to tie the bow right when one side is longer, very annoying :)

Sarah F said...

It's a delight to hear the thought process behind why kids are doing the odd things they're doing. Suddenly, cutting the shoelace makes perfect sense.

Jamie Burnett said...

I would ask for new shoes too. When my shoe laces are too short or my ability to bend over and tie them is impaired, I would just go get new shoes too.

Heidi said...

Too funny. It's been fun catching up on some of your blog posts. Thanks for giving me the address! See you Thursday.

MBK said...

Velcro!