stories of an adoptive family
"When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen. When they're finished, I climb out." -Erma Bombeck

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Nutcracker Tradition

Today I took Rhyan to see 'The Nutcracker' ballet. This is the third time she has gone and she still she has trouble following the story. It reminded me though, of all the times my parents took me to see the same ballet as a child. I could never remember what was going on from year to year. I find it interesting that she fell asleep in the same part that I would when I was her age. Her favorite parts are the ones I loved so much as a child. It makes me feel as if I have come full circle. Now when I watch the ballet I pay attention to the intricate footwork and marvel at the skill the dancers have, just like my mother did. I hope that one day Rhyan will take her daughter and she will fall asleep and Rhyan will watch the dancers and the circle will continue on and on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See, this is a great mother -daughter moment. Dad's do not need to ruin this special occasion. That's where the UNLV games come in.