stories of an adoptive family
"When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen. When they're finished, I climb out." -Erma Bombeck

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Ma!




Dizzie is a stinker.


She can and will say everyone's name, Dada, Levi, Rhyan, Katie. She can even say the dog's name Gidget and our friend's name Marena. She won't say Mama. I didn't mind at first because at night when she wakes up she calls for Da not Mama because that's all she can say. But as time goes on and she uses everyone else's name its begun to bug me. I've used bribery and every other method I can think of to no avail.


Yesterday, when I dropped Katie and Rhyan off at school, my friend carried her so I could take Katie to her preschool class before the bell rang. (She goes to preschool at the elementary school). My friend said that Dizzie had been calling me the whole way. When we tried to get her to say my name, she just smiled her 'butter won't melt in my mouth' smile and wouldn't do it. I still have never heard her say my name.

1 comment:

Heather K. said...

That reminds me of a certain little stinker in our family. Cy wouldn't say Dad until he was two. He insisted on calling him mom,and always smiled mischeviously about it. You could tell he was doing it on purpose, until one day, he got hurt and really wanted Daddy. That picture you have of her is the perfect little mischief face. Stinker!