stories of an adoptive family
"When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen. When they're finished, I climb out." -Erma Bombeck

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Back to School 2011

First Day of School had so many plusses and minuses.

Quiet Naptimes - Plus.
Alone time - Plus.
Less T.V. - Plus.
No More Kindergarten for Katie - Plus.
Less messes - Plus & Plus.
Less fighting - Plus, Plus & Plus.

Rhyan's Last Year of Elementary School - Minus.
Levi's second Year of Middle School - Minus.
Getting Up Early - Minus & Minus.
I'm Getting Older (along with my kids) - Minus, Minus & Minus.

2 comments:

Lisa Sanderson said...

I look at that picture of your kids and I cannot believe how grown up they are. Either your kids are naturally more photogenic than mine or you give better bribes because that's a really good picture. I can't get more than one to look at the camera at a time. I'm with you on all of those pluses and minuses. Especially having to get up early. Liam has to be to school between 0705-0710, which insane to me, since he's only in the first grade. Of course with one car, the school is too far away to walk, and Matt having PT at 0630 it means a hideous 0530 for everyone. I give getting up in the morning a minus, minus, minus & minus!

Garrett B said...

The "I'm getting older" minus doesn't seem so bad when you look at it in terms of percentage of age gained.

A 1 year old turning 2 increases her age by 100%. A 10 year old turning 11 only increases her age by 10%. When you get into your 30s and 40s, you end up aging only 2% to 3% per year. Not bad.

As you see, your aging slows dramatically. You're getting older much more slowly than your children.